Sunday, April 29, 2012


Wesley Chan (of wongfu productions) - These Four Walls



Behind the Visual Effects


Behind the Music


Time consuming process, but worth it.
-

I think I've finally found some inspiration to do something. And I recognize Florence. I miss Italy and its breathtaking beauty. Miss it too much. My favourite parts were the unfurling of the petals, the flower windmill on a train ride, the beautiful sunset shots. His little pieces of art - check out his other animations- make me feel like playing around with my camera and random things too. They're actually rather simple stuff. Not wow-inducing complicated amazing pieces of unattainable standard, but still quiet and cinematic and beautiful. Exactly why it's inspiring. Makes doing something good out of just a few lines possible. Which is to say, maybe the reason I've stopped drawing is because of me being afraid of not meeting my own standards. I don't actually know how much I like art. 

Gotta play around with the camera more (my shots are so lousy compared to the ones in the video! They lack that depth of field), come up with a simple concept and actually make something. If I can. Or interview some people. And read. No but really, I don't get how looking through his shorts and random drawings made me pick up some coloured pencils last night. I'm not complaining.

Sentences here are so choppy. 


No comments: